Saturday, February 28, 2009

3,2,1, Jump......Canadian Style

This weekend Jake's parents came to visit from Utah. I planned a weekend full of surprises for them. All they knew is that they needed to bring their passports. They were a little nervous but were good sports all weekend long. On Friday morning we drove to Jake's work where we got on a little four seater airplane. Jake flew us west to Port Angeles, WA. When we landed in Port Angeles, we rented a car and took a ferry over to Vancouver Island to the cute city of Victoria, BC. We walked around this beautiful and very clean city and went to the Imax film "Extreme" where we learned to "embrace our fear" that night. We stayed the night in a hotel and got up early on Saturday and drove about an hour north to bungee jump.


On our way up to Bungee jump
The bridge
I am a little scared
The bungee jumpers
The king swingers
The fall
Dave getting ready to jump

Me on the platform about to jump.
Jake and Jenni are first, then me and last is Dave in the video

Jenni is deathly afraid of heights. When we got there and actually saw what we were going to be jumping off I think we all got a little sick. It was crazy. Jake couldn't bungee due to the knee but he was able to go on the King Swing with Jenni. She was so scared. She was the "All Star". I think she tried to back out, but the guys running the swing ignored her. I bungee jumped next. I took the first few minutes of me just standing on the edge screaming out of the video. I have to admit I was pretty scared. Dave bungee jumped last. And he went all "Rock Star" on us and totally jumped instead of just falling off. It was a wonderful weekend and I am glad we all "embraced our fears" together.

9 comments:

The Bundys said...

uhh..maybe we shouldn't plan a trip to visit you! I think I would have cried and peed and pooped all at once! Your inlaws are champs. Like they did that!!!! The boys are sitting here with me wondering why Jake was such a weenie and just swung off...poor Jake...

Love,
jjacee anvd holton

PS. wwwwwe miss you.

Cutzi said...

NO. FREAKING. WAY!!!

You are crazy! My in-laws NEVER - INAMILLIONYEARS - would have done that. Yours rock!! You should love them forever.

Beth Curtis said...

that makes me sick just watching it. I loved you in the video. Just what I expected. I bet you are the least favorite daughter-in-law now...

Callen "Lewis by Trade" Cooney said...

You guys are ALL awesome...Grandpa Cooney would be so proud of you, jumping from HIS bridge. I am way jealous!!! My in-laws would never have done that either...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your father-in-law JUMPED, how insane!

Trevor-Jessica Summerhays said...

That is so cool!!! I love the video! AWESOME! We totally have to go with you guys if you go back when Jake's knee is better!

Eric said...

When Jake's Dad jumps... that is awesome. Maybe we'll have to do this when we come up next.

Rach said...

This place was awesome. My grandpa jumped here when he was like 75 years old like ten years ago. It has bungee jumping, the king swing, two huge zip lines and and an amazing ropes course that looks way fun. We totally wnat to go back in the spring and do all the activities!

Idaho Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.